Ross and I grew up in the same neighborhood, went to the same elementary school, middle school, and high school. However, through all that, it was vague that one another truly existed. Through mutual friends, we finally met in college. Timing is absolutely everything!
Ross and I dated for a few years before he popped the question. The day he asked me to marry him was huge because that same day we finally closed on our first house together. The minute we walked inside our newly purchased home, Ross got down on one knee. That was one of our very first conversations to ever have inside our brand new home together. I was in complete shock, I had absolutely no idea it was coming and it was so amazingly special. All our friends and family did a great job keeping the proposal a secret!
Deciding on a wedding location was one of the easiest decisions! Ross and I knew immediately that we wanted to have a destination wedding but not too far from home, so our grandparents could attend. Having an indoor ceremony with spectacular views was at the top of our list and Asheville seemed like the perfect place! After a few venue tours, the Omni Grove Park Inn won our hearts.
Picking only 5 favorite moments is next to impossible because the day was unquestionably perfect, thanks to Mary Bell and her amazing team!
1. The ceremony is my utmost favorite moment because it was the moment Ross and I said “I Do.”
2. As a special twist, we decided to have a painter at our ceremony, Brittany Rawls. The painting Brittany did is breathtaking. Having the painting is a constant reminder of how incredible our wedding day was.
3. Our first dance together as husband and wife was to the song “This Is It” by Scotty McCreery. What topped it off was having our ceremony musician, Brandon Crocker perform it live. Wow, he was great!
4. Let’s not forget about the food and cake! It couldn’t have been better!
5. Last but not least, another treasured moment was simply walking down the aisle and seeing my husband’s face. He looked so happy and anxious! Every time I ask him what his favorite moment was he says: “watching my beautiful bride walk down the aisle.”